- Parent Category: News
- Last Updated on 28 October 2015
ICD-10 Takes Effect October 1, 2015
Are You Ready?
By Lourie W. Reichenberg, LPC
- After October 1, 2015, all insurance submissions for services that occurred October 1 and later must use ICD-10 codes and NOT ICD-9 codes.
- Services prior to October 1, 2015 can still be submitted and must use the IDC-9 codes.
- ICD-10 and ICD-9 codes cannot be used on the same insurance submission form.
- ICD-10 codes are included in DSM-5 (these are the codes on the right of the disorder)
- In addition, the DSM-5 Coding Update Supplement is available free of charge, in English or Spanish, from: www.dsm.psychiatryonline.orgYou can also register at the APA website to receive DSM-5 updates
- The World Health Organization provides a 267-page pdf document free of charge at: www.who.int/classifications
- The Centers for Medicare or Medicaid Services (www.cms.gov). CMS.gov also has a “Quick-Start” guide and has announced some “flexibility” for the first 12 months of coding using ICD-10 (check out announcements and guidelines at the same website).
- Last Updated on 10 September 2015
Welcome! The Virginia Association of Clinical Counselors is the state chapter of the American Mental Health Counselors Association and we have been serving the needs of Virginia's clinical counselors since 1980.
Our primary mission is to advocate for the clinical counseling profession in Virginia. In order to promote and protect our profession we have government and advocacy committees, an ethics and standards committee, and we host several workshops each year across the state. For more information about VACC and the history of our achievements and contributions on behalf of our profession, click on the About link.
Our website has many useful tools and links. You can connect to other organizations from our website, including the Virginia Board of Counselors and many graduate counseling programs in our state. We also provide links to all of your state and federal legislators. In addition you can list yourself as a supervisor or use the Member's Spotlight page to market your practice.
- Our Membership Committee is chaired by Tara White & Lindsay Stejskal. Tara White and Lindsay can be contacted at
- You can also link to all of our Board members under the link Board Members.
Welcome to VACC!